Quarterly STEMinars are a virtual series presented by University of Iowa Health Care STEM Education. These programs are for K-12 students, educators, and parents.
STEMinars inspire appreciation and excitement for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). They hope to increase health literacy and inspire the next generation of professionals. Quarterly sessions will feature STEM topics and careers across the university.
- Feature University of Iowa and UI Health Care STEM experts
- Showcase a variety of STEM careers and discuss how education helped their career
- Provide advice to students interested in STEM academics and careers
- Answer viewer questions about STEM topics and careers
No upcoming STEMinars at this time. Please check back later!
- STEMinar on Neuroscience
- STEMinar on Engineering and Physics
- STEMinar on Technology and Innovation
- STEMinar on Mathematics in Health Care
Quarterly STEMinars Host
Amy Pearlman, MD
Men’s Health Program Director
Clinical Assistant Professor of Urology
University of Iowa Health Care
20 to 30 minutes
STEMinars are available at no cost. They are broadcast live through Vimeo and Facebook. They are also recorded for later viewing.