The requirements to becoming a RDN are detailed below:
- Step 1
- Attain bachelor’s degree.
- Step 2
- Meet admission requirements for future education model graduate degree program for which you are applying.
- Step 3
- Attain master’s degree and verification statement* from an ACEND accredited graduate degree program. Those who successfully complete the University of Iowa Master of Clinical Nutrition (MCN) program will receive a master’s degree and verification statement which establishes eligibility to sit for the RDN national standardized exam administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Step 4
- RDN exam FAQs regarding the RDN exam can be found online.
- Step 5
- State licensure (if applicable)–information on licensure by state can be found at online.
*Pending candidacy approval by ACEND