Experience UI Health Care’s Academic Difference: Best Care, Best Value
When you choose UI Health Care for your health care needs, you have access to Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center. And because UI Health Care is a Level 1 provider in the UIChoice plan, you get the best value for a full range of personalized care options, including:
- Convenient access to care—whether you’re at work, at home, or on the road
- Pharmacies in several locations—with competitive prices, easy transfer of your prescriptions with an option for direct mail delivery, and 20 percent off all over-the-counter medicines for UI employees
- Care from nationally ranked specialists
- MyChart, an online hub for managing appointments, checking in from home, reading test results, refilling medications, messaging your provider, and more
- Access to hundreds of clinical trials featuring some of the latest treatments available
- Internationally renowned clinicians and facilities
- Exceptional team-based care from cancer specialists with Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in the state
- Women's health services, including normal and high-risk pregnancy care, infertility options, urogynecological services, and gynecologic cancer treatments
- The latest treatments for every orthopedic disease and condition, including expertise in sports medicine as well as spine, hand and wrist, and joint care
- A sleep disorders center for diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea and other sleep-related disorders
- A bariatric surgery clinic with expert support services to help patients achieve long-term weight-loss success
Where You Need Us, When You Need Us
While on campus, you have access to care for you and your entire family—from family medicine clinics to outpatient clinics in all of our specialties to multiple convenient pharmacy locations.
Off campus, you have even more options:
- UIeCare—online video appointments with UI Health Care providers 24/7 on your mobile device or computer—free for UI Choice members
- Walk-in UI QuickCare locations throughout the Iowa City area
- Adult and pediatric primary and specialty care clinics across the state
- MyChart, your one-stop online hub for making and tracking appointments, reading test results, messaging your providers, and more
And all of our providers and pharmacists can consult your UI Health Care electronic medical record for quick access to your history and care plan.
A Reputation for Patient-focused Care
UI Health Care’s primary and specialty care teams are routinely recognized for outstanding service to patients, including U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospital" recognition for UI Hospitals and Clinics and UI Stead Family Children's Hospital.
The Latest Medicine, Backed by a Strong Commitment to Research
UI Health Care’s medical and scientific expertise benefits patients through:
- Clinical trials of promising new treatments not yet on the market, including breakthrough immunotherapies that are revolutionizing cancer treatment
- Participation in major national and international multi-institutional research projects in all specialties
- Thriving educational and research missions that draw some of the best medical and scientific talent from around the world
And as a UI employee, you’re entitled to special, appointment-related parking privileges that simplify your visit to UI Hospitals and Clinics during work hours. You may print out a Reduced-Fee Parking Pass in advance through your MyChart account and put it in your dashboard, or ask the clinic or nursing unit for a pass and give it to the parking cashier as you leave. You're always welcome to park in the parking ramps for your or your family's personal health appointments on campus.