Carver College of Medicine programs
The Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine is a highly ranked medical school where students learn to become accomplished clinicians and top-flight researchers and educators.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Medical Scientist Training Program (MD, PhD)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Masters of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS)
- Masters in Medical Education (MME)
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
Graduate medical education
Our residency and fellowship training programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Because your mentors are practicing in an academic medical center, you'll be exposed to rich opportunities to combine clinical and research expertise in a setting that specializes in graduate and professional training in all of the health sciences.
Continuing medical education
Our vision is to achieve the highest quality patient outcomes through our commitment to educational excellence and lifelong learning.
We work to nurture the next generation of scientists and engineers through active STEM programming at the elementary and jr. and sr. high grade levels.
Learn more about UI Health Care STEM Education »
Other educational programs
UI Health Care Tours
People of all ages, and young students in particular, receive a first-hand introduction to the research, teaching, and care missions of UI Health Care through tours and related activities.
Learn more about scheduling a tour »
Nuclear Medicine Technology
Nuclear medicine technology is the medical specialty concerned with the use of small amounts of radioactive material for diagnostic, therapeutic, and research purposes. It is a vigorous, dynamic field that has grown phenomenally over the years and is expected to continue to grow in the future.
Learn more about Nuclear Medicine Technology »
The Radiation Sciences Programs at the University of Iowa provide graduates with an exceptionally comprehensive education in the areas of diagnostic medical sonography, radiation therapy, radiologic technology, MRI, CT, and cardiovascular interventional imaging. Our unique curriculum provides students with a dual-competency professional education which leads to our graduates being aggressively recruited for their skills and strong clinical experiences.
Learn more about our programs:
- Radiologic Technology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Computed Tomography
- Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
- Radiation Therapy Technology
The Perfusion Technology Education Program started at Iowa in 1992. Our graduates are now spread across the country working in private hospitals as well as academic institutions.
Learn more about Perfusion Technology »
Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
The Orthoptic Training Program at the University of Iowa is the longest running program in the nation. The program and students have received the Scobee National Award for highest achievement on board exams several times.
Learn more about Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences »
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics educational programs
- Pharmacy residents
- Post-graduate Policy and Administrative Fellowships
- Dietetics interns
- Orthoptic Training Program
- Emergency Medical Services Learning Resource Center
University of Iowa health science college programs
- Nursing DNP
- Nursing PhD
- Master's of Nursing
- Speech Pathology and Audiology PhD
- Master's of Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Health Administration PhD
- Master's of Health Administration (MHA)
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Master of Clinical Nutrition Program
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
Other University of Iowa and community college programs
- Respiratory therapy students
- Electroneurodiagnostic technology students
- Health information management interns
- Occupational therapy interns
- Activities therapy interns
- Nursing students
- Social work students
- Music therapy interns
- Child life interns
- Executive Leadership Academy