Applicants must have received or will have obtained by the start of the fellowship a master’s degree in health administration (MHA), business administration (MBA), or similar degree from a Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) or similarly accredited program. Strong academic performance is a must. Candidates must demonstrate strong analytical skills, drive, written and verbal communication skills, and a self-starting attitude. Previous relevant experience (1-3 years) in health care, a health-related industry, or business administration is required. The candidate must be proficient in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office. Interest in academic medical centers is encouraged.
Our application is a two-step process.
1. The online step
2. The email submission of documents step
In one PDF document (in the following order) please include:
- Current resume and cover letter
- One-page Career Goals and Objectives statement specifying interest in: a career in health administration, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics administrative fellowship, and desired areas to explore in the fellowship
- Official Graduate transcripts (scanned copies are accepted)
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a graduate program faculty member, one professional
Materials must be emailed to email@example.com by the deadline of Monday, September 21, 2020. If electronic submission is an issue for the candidate, hard copy applications will be accepted at the below mailing address.
Questions regarding the Administrative Fellowship should be directed to:
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
200 Hawkins Drive
1344-R John W. Colloton Pavilion (JCP)
Iowa City, IA 52242-1009
A selection committee with leaders from UI Hospitals & Clinics will review all applications. Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Sept. 21, 2020 - Application deadline
- October 2020 - Recipient announced
- July 2021 - Start of Administrative Fellowship
Our Hiring Policy
The University of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.