University of Iowa Health Care and Chief Quality Officer James Murphy, MD have designed a comprehensive program that addresses core characteristics and skills needed to lead effectively in an academic health care environment. This programming is designed for Residents and Fellows and runs concurrently with the Executive Leadership Academy. Overall academy goals include:
- This program offers a unique opportunity for House Officers to learn the foundational skills and get practical 1:1 mentoring, laying a groundwork for an academic career in Quality and Patient Safety.
- Participants will complete a quality or safety project during the academy in application of skills and knowledge, mentored by clinical leadership.
- Gain insight into quality and safety work at UIHC and opportunities for provider engagement.
- Expand participants’ leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities critical in today’s changing academic health care environment.
- Strengthening our UI Health Care culture by building networks to provide ongoing feedback and support systems.
The application window for 2022-2023 is open until July 15, 2022. Completed applications should be submitted to email@example.com.
Leadership Academy Schedule
|1||Friday||UI Health Care Priorities and Systems||Aug. 26, 2022|
|2||Friday||Managing Your Projects||Oct. 21, 2022|
|3||Friday||Quality, Safety, and Service||Dec. 2, 2022|
|4 & 5||Friday and Saturday||Lean Improvement Model||Jan. 27 and 28, 2023*|
|6||Friday||Understanding People and Personal Development||Mar. 3, 2023|
|7||Friday and Saturday||Project Presentations & Graduation||May 5 and 6, 2023|
*Full day on Saturday
For questions, please contact: