June 2022-June 2023
The University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine is seeking an administrative fellow to assist the University of Iowa Physicians (UIP) Office. The selected individual will develop a better understanding and knowledge of a broad range of operational issues, including interaction with the executive leadership team.
Application Process and Timeline
The application deadline for the 2022-2023 administrative fellowship is Friday, October 1, 2021. Learn more about the application process and timeline.
The position requires systematic, substantial in-depth knowledge of the field of health care administration. This knowledge is typically acquired through a graduate program resulting in the issuance of a master’s degree in health care administration, business administration, or a similar graduate program.
The Chief Operating Officer, (COO), of the UIP acts as preceptor and determines, with the fellow, the content of the fellowship. The fellow will further benefit from ongoing interaction with the entire Clinical Affairs executive team, involving a broad base of operational and educational issues. The content of the experience is tailored to best match individual and organizational needs. As such, the following components and characteristics provide a framework for defining the fellowship experience:
- Adoption of program goals and objectives, including periodic review with the COO and the Vice Dean for Clinical Affairs.
- Open access to the COO and the Vice Dean for Clinical Affairs.
- Participation in senior level meetings as appropriate, in which health care policy and the impact to University of Iowa Health Care are discussed for the UIP.
- Participation and a mix of corporate/centralized functions, (e.g.,finance, human resources, information technology, education and general operations).
- Participation in the completion of special projects/programs central to UIP and Carver College of Medicine (CCOM), such as education, budget development, development of staff/faculty, analysis of data, etc.
- Assumption of a partial role as the service representative for the UIP.
- Participation in the educational process within the University of Iowa Graduate Program in Health Administration.
This is a specified term position with the length of term lasting one year starting on or about June 1, 2022.