- Leadership training will be carried out in seven sessions, beginning in August and ending in May.
- Sessions will occur on all day Friday and half day Saturday, with the exception of Sept. 30th 2023 which will be all day.
- There will be 2 to 3 hours of course work preparation for each session.
- Each participant will complete a project during the academy.
- Applications for continuing education credit will be available.
- Assistance in writing and publishing on project results.
- Pagers and cell phones will not be allowed in the sessions.
- Self-assessments and multi-rater feedback will be completed at the beginning and end of the academy.
Participants will be engaged in active learning experiences throughout the program with:
- Leadership development plans
- Course work prep
- Small group discussions
- Role playing
- Case studies
- Peer networking
- 1:1 coaching
- Academy project completion
Participants who complete all sessions and an academy project will be recognized in a graduation event, where UI Health Care leadership will present ELA certificates celebrating the cohort’s achievement and outcomes.
Nominations, Applications, and Information
Completed applications should be submitted to CMO@uiowa.edu.
For questions please contact: