University of Iowa Faculty and Staff Volunteer Opportunities
With the growing demand for workplace learning opportunities and building the STEM Education pipeline, University of Iowa Health Care faculty and staff are needed to present to students participating in our programs. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Dedicate time to lead an interactive STEM Education session such as a tour of a facility, hands-on activities, or interactive presentations
- Become a departmental liaison/ambassador to connect us with faculty and staff to lead programming in your department or share your current outreach efforts
- Donate new or gently used STEM supplies to aid in programming
- Help develop new curriculum or engaging activities
Please complete our Faculty and Staff Volunteer Form if you are interested in getting involved.
College Student Volunteer Opportunities
University of Iowa Health Care Outreach Education Leaders (OELs) will lead school-aged student groups to various departments throughout UI Health Care for interactive tours and experiences during their visits. UI Health Care OELs will lead educational presentations and sessions while interacting and discussing future health care careers with students. Being an OEL provides an inside look at many areas within the hospital, networking opportunities with faculty, staff, and graduate students in the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics and UI Carver College of Medicine, and a rewarding experience. Tours usually last two to four hours Monday through Friday.
- Please see Volunteer Services if interested.